Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm actually applying for work that I want. I just applied for a job with a place that works with families and kids. I figured that would be a good match for me.

I'm also getting materials together to apply for my substitute license. I'd prefer to be a substitute -- I live in a place that would be conducive to me working in three or four different counties -- and a substitute position would work around the kids' school schedule. On the other hand, I'd be a substitute and we all know how much abuse substitute teachers can take. We even know how much abuse we've seen inflicted on them as children.

I figure either way, I can work. It might not be a ton of money, but it'd be money and it'd be nice to be working.

If things get bad, I'll go back to temping, but I'd rather pull my navel through my but than do that.

There's so much paperwork. It takes so long to process. I'm going to have to go be fingerprinted, which ought to be big fun. Thankfully, I didn't get arrested for any of the bad stuff I did in my early 20's. ;)

No comments: