Monday, November 18, 2002

Today is the first day at my new job and so far it's been pretty dry and boring and generally that new employee orientation thing.

The remarkable and incredible news is that we got a sudden influx of cash, which I cannot discuss other than to say that it not only bought Christmas, but it also paid off two credit card bills, which totally and completely rocked.

I get paid bi-weekly, which also rocks because I was thinking I was going to be on the once a month state paycheck plan. I get paid the day after Mike does, so that should be rather rockin' and keep us flush.

I talked to Mike's grandparents and barring a snowstorm, they're coming for Thanksgiving. I'm really psyched about that and am hoping for a clear day, so they can come down and relax. I love them both so much and they are so good to the kids. I also know that Mike's mom worries about them being alone, so having them here should alleviate her concerns.

I love Grammy...she tells me she'll call me before T-Day and ask me what to bring. I say,"What do you want to bring?" She says,"Well, all my dishes are packed, so not much." I said,"Good, so you stop at Marie Callenders and bring the pies." To which she laughed and said,"How about you buy the pies and I'll pay you back." Right on!

Besides I know this bakery in Carson City where I can buy the most amazing pies. I'll have to hit Marie's for decent sugar-free for me and Pop though.

The quilt has 5.5 rows complete now. I laid out row 6 last night and only got 3 of 9 squares done, so slowly but surely and ever so painfully, it's coming along. I suspect I'll be up half the night on Friday machine quilting it sufficiently for the grant class and then I will spend the weekend hand quilting messages to the baby it's for.

I found a place across the way from me that offers expresso shots at whim to one's coffee. I had something this morning called a "Sweet Pete" that had chocolate, caramel, and almond flavor added and was way too sweet. Tomorrow, I will attempt the plain latte with a double shot.

Betty, baby, I have found expresso in this state. I have found the joy again in the phrase,"make it a double shot."



No comments: