Tuesday, November 26, 2002

I know it's not cool and I know it's probably unamerican, but I really really can't stand George Bush.

I am highly suspicious that he and his dad sat down one night and the conversation went something like this.

Dad: "So how's the White House, son? Did you find any cum stains in the oval office from that slut Clinton?"
Son: "No, nothing like that. I found a few condoms in odd places all over the place, but that was about it."
Dad:"Are you going to kick that Saddamn Hussein's ass for me, now? I don't think I was ever more embarrassed about how that whole Gulf War thing worked out, you know?"
Son:"You betcha, Dad! What do you think we ought to tell people? That ole Sad-ass is a goshdurned terrorist?"
Dad:"Heck yeah!"
Son: "I'll get right on that for you, Daddy."

I am all for stamping out terrorism, but allowing Saudi Arabia and Pakistan to bullshit their way out of their connections to some of these militants is just wrong and the hypocrisy pisses me off.

And lets not start into the series of legislative stuff I have been hearing on news that has been postponed until next year when the republican congress will approve it -- much of it designed to benefit the wealthy and privileged and to make the rest of us bend over and bark, baby. Lately, I've been a bit peeved about the terrorism insurance law because they are saying that it'll stimulate the economy that all those building projects that have stalled due to this will kick back in. They said how much money it'll save consumers, but of course, the assumption is that the cost savings will actually get passed on to the consumer. With the insurance industry in the mess it's in, pessimistic me, I am figuring that's a load of crap.

I am also very nervous about what Bush said recently in a press conference regarding some of the guys he wants confirmed for judge positions...basically that he can call some of these highly anti-abortion, anti-civil rights judges to the floor and get them confirmed, which means a lot of political losses for both those causes.

I didn't vote for the bastard, and I wasn't fond of voting for Al Gore, but G. W. Bush makes me frightened for this country and our future.



No comments: