Tuesday, November 19, 2002

I got to do something today...fixed someone's access problem. It was just nice to be useful and helpful.

This job is going to be a total blast.

Today, I bought a mug at Java Joe's. I ordered a double mocha to be placed in said mug. Getting a coffee mug at a coffee joint near where I work makes it seem more real. I'm a caffeinated working stiff and all. I'm getting to be coffee's bitch again. Bounce a styrofoam cup lid off my head and call me Joe's Ho, and I'm all hot and bothered, don't ya know.

I got up last night at 130AM and watched the Leonids Meteor shower in the eastern sky and was pretty disappointed. The full moon was so bright and even though we live in the boonies it was very very bright outside. The other thing was that while there were a lot of meteors -- I saw about 20 in 50 minutes, they weren't really amazing particularly - just short bursts of light here and there. I am sure that to some that the fact that it was 20 degrees and I was freezing my ass off, contributed to my lukewarm perception of this meteor shower.

This summer with the Perseids, I saw a couple of shooters that started at the horizon and fizzled at the zenith above my head and they were so astounding...definitely of the ooh and aah variety. The most interesting of the ones I saw last night was a very short and bright one that turned bright orange and green. The rest were pretty much garden variety meteors. The last one I saw was this morning just above the western horizon at 6AM and it was kind of amazing in its loneness...just that one single last hurrah over the western horizon, where the full moon had finally set opposite from where the sun was starting to send slight fingers of light into the dark morning.

No comments: