Thursday, November 07, 2002

Last night, I was falling asleep in the chair and at first I thought it was because I had too many potatoes, so my sugars were high, but I tested and they were a respectable 110, so I simply got ready and went to bed.

I remember vaguely that my husband came in at some point, shivering and I merely lifted the blankets on my back for him and let him get nice and warm, snuggling against me. The only thing I remember past that was the wind beating on the house at 3 in the morning, continuing on until about 430. When I say beating, I mean gust of 50-60 miles per hour pounding the house. I got up and checked the kids and kept a vigil for Kitty Girl who didn't want to come in to get crated last night.

I still haven't seen Kitty Girl and honestly, I hope I do soon because I could barely face the panicky tears of Mr. Bear as he called and called for that cat. Coyotes will eat even in bad weather is my belief. I'm just hoping that they didn't eat my fluffy sweet baby kitty. I miss her brother badly enough.

The bunny got new digs and thinks the protection I lined up for him from the wind is a good deal. Smart Bunny.

I have been trying for 4 days to quilt extensively and I've done dribs and drabs, but nothing like what I am supposed to. I guess I should towel off by the fire and get dressed and get what I can done. I don't believe I can face the Quilting Inquisition tonight, if I don't have it reasonably tackled.

I have to go to Mike's job and see if there's anything I can do to encourage the life insurance people to extend me benefits. They saw my weight and my diabetes and promptly said no. I am hoping that if I can get my weight down more, that they'll say yes. Wish me luck.

No comments: