Thursday, November 21, 2002

I have been in an odd spot regarding my mother-in-law's wedding in January. My husband didn't seem to really want to go and I thought he should, but it needed to be his decision, so I said okay to whatever he said. I have purposely shut my big fat mouth about it because I would rather pull my innards through my nose than be involved in that decision. My mother thought it was odd that he didn't want to go to his mom's wedding, but I wasn't going to make him go, if he didn't want to go and while personally I'd just ruther not, it's his choice because it's his mom and his money.

I have told him that if he wanted to go that I would juggle the money so he could. Mike called his older brother to invite him for Thanksgiving -- more of a courtesy call than anything. His brother asked him about the wedding. Mike and I talked about it and he kept asking me what I thought, and I kept saying, "I think I will make the money work for whatever you want to do." He finally said very quietly,"I'd like to go."

So that big fat credit card we just paid off is now run back up again. *sigh* Easy come, easy go. The thing is as soon as we get the check for the contract work, we'll be able to pay it back off again. We have tickets, hotel reservations and car reservations, now however, so whee.

It means taking off two precious days of work just as the folks I'm supposed to support are showing up, but in exchange I am not taking any days off in December. I will have to work Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, but it should be slow, so I'll live through it. I will just have to do Christmas on the weekends in preparation, and thankfully, I will have frozen cookie dough to let Mike and the kids do cookies.

The kind of cool thing is that I will get to sew a nice dress. Now, I just have go pick one out to sew. I think whatever I do, will be something I make for both Genny and I and we'll match and it'll be something wintry, without being totally Christmas.

No comments: