Thursday, May 05, 2005

They kept me overnight at the hospital -- because they were worried about the apnea and because my foot on the operated leg was gray and dusty looking. I got up a bazillion times in the night to pee, so by the morning, it was pink, though quite swollen with the rest of my leg.

I started to freak out when the anesthesiologist clearly didn't know a thing about sleep apnea when he said that they could just put me on oxygen and I'd be okay, Right?

I said, "No, I have apnea -- that means I stop breathing when I am unconscious, which means that just because the air is there doesn't mean I'm breathing it. " Then they said how they didn't know much about how to set up a cpap machine, but that they'd had an in-service, so they "thought" they could figure it out. I said,"An in-service is not enough to make you knowledgeable about something I have to have for my health and well-being. You need to call a respiratory therapist to set this and do it right." Fortunately, I knew what number it needed to be set at, but damn!

I've been in a lot of pain and I'm sleeping a lot. However, the pain does keep me up, which is why at 330AM I'm writing a post.

Mel and Sarah have been so supportive and wonderful. Ladawn called today and checked on me. Leann called and checked on me earlier in the week.

My mother-in-law is coming to visit mid-June. Mike and I had a heart-to-heart about that if he expected me to stay, that he'd have to step up and tell her to knock off the crap, when she tried it. He has agreed. I also said that if I feel like things are spiraling out of control, I will leave for Los Angeles, take the kids, and take Angelina and Pauline to Disneyland with my kids until his mom leaves to which he agreed.

I also plan to set time limits each day as to just how much time we will be spending with her. Somewhere in this, Russell has his 6th grade graduation, so we will have to invite her to visit for that. *blag*

I wrote Mike an email detailing what I want for Mother's day.

What I want for mother's day...
I'd like picture frames made by each child and I'd like Genny to have sat in pretty clothes at Walmart for nice pictures, so I can have a set of pictures like I got for Russell's school pix. I'd like the pictures on our photo cards from SF turned into prints. I'd like each child to select their favorite picture from that, so I can make the picture frame I bought in SF. I have craft supplies for the pictures -- you just need to purchase frames at Walmart. They can use paint, stickers, buttons, etc.
What I'd like from you is to be taken to the mall to return the stuff your mom sent and to get the phone cord you need for your cell phone, so that you can carry your phone with you all the time, so that I have a way to reach you in an emergency or so the school can contact you regarding Russell. I'd like to go to Sears and poke around to find clothes for each child and maybe a comfy something for me to wear.
Beyond that, I'd like you guys to finish cleaning up the house --
I'd like the livingroom thoroughly vacuumed (furniture pulled out, etc.)
I'd like the entire house dusted
I'd like the kitchen floor kept up on an ongoing basis
I'd like the shelves finished for the kitchen and installed and the baker's rack moved or removed.
I'd like the contact paper replaced in the kitchen
I'd like the bathroom floors swiffered
I love you,
Wendy

I am going to go back to bed now. The percocet should be kicking over soon.

No comments: