Sunday, May 22, 2005

Friday, I had one of those stupid freak accidents. I was admiring my iris buds and talking to my daughter while backing up. I fell in a hole, I hadn't filled yet and started going down. My first thought was to curl up, but I realized I'd land on my tailbone on the cement sidewalk. Thus, I stretched, reaching for the front sand beyond the sidewalk, thinking I'd just roll across my shoulders and save myself -- as I realized too late -- oh, yeah, the stonewall. I ended up landing flat on my back on a one foot high stone wall.

And I heard something crack. It scared the blue bejeebers out of me, so I told Genny who I'd been talking to about my irises to get Daddy and get help. She was completely flipped out. I weakly hollered for Russell, trying not to hurt my back further because Genny was so worried she wasn't getting me help just kind of running back and forth a lot. After hearing me call weakly, Russell saw me and ran down the hall and got Mike out of the pot.

Mike and I sat outside while we figured out what we should do. I was afraid to move and my gosh, it hurt sooooo danged bad. We called Mel and Dan to come watch Genny -- with both their house and Mel's parents' house in shambles with moving they came to our house. We dropped Bear off at Charles' for the night on the way to the emergency room. I got x-rayed and after several hours and some serious painkillers and anti-nausea medication (I was kind of shocky) they said, I have a bad sprain and to just go home and take it easy.

Take it easy. Clearly, these people don't know me. Today, however, I did make up for yesterday, doing very little. I slept til noon. We had brunch and then went to see the star wars movie. Yesterday, I did laundry, cleaned, and cooked.

I liked the movie. It isn't my favorite of the SW movies. I've always had it bad for Episode 5 & 6. Call me a geek, but those ewoks are damned cute and the good guys win. This one is dark and all, and it sews up all the loose ends, but I felt like the storyline was kinda weak. I felt like there was little information added -- everything was expected.

Some of what makes Episode 5 really cool is the unexpected -- "Luke, I am your father." Some of what makes Episode 6 really cool is the deep love that Luke has for Vader and his abiding belief that his father and his father's love are in the black heavy breathing suit. Everyone, including the audience, thinks Vader is a big evil monster -- Luke is the only one who doesn't. It's very Christ-Ghandi-Dhali-lama -like and unexpected. Everything about this last movie, is rather ho-hum and expected.

Mike thinks that I'll have new perspective when I watch the first three, so our sojourn to the past begins. We will start rewatching the old ones and see how it works together.

I just think I'm a jaded old broad who's watched this stuff for 30 years and just thinks they oughta work harder for it. I'm watching the first movie of the bunch tonight -- to see if this one is bigger than my first impression.

No comments: