Sunday, March 06, 2005

Yesterday, actually turned out to be a bad sleep day. I often don't know until I get going just how good or bad it is. It always seems like the first couple hours go okay and then WHAMMO! I've crawled into bed and conked out cold.

I don't remember much of yesterday. Mostly, that I got to rest for a couple hours and that Mike was hounding me to get up and out, which I simply wasn't able to do.

Last night, we finally went to town and had pizza. We stopped and got some shelving boards and then crossed the street to go to Krispy Kremes, so that Mike could try the WiFi on the PDA. I do not understand why someone would be driven to use their WiFi at Krispy Kremes, but the other thing we found on the way home is just how many people have wireless LANS as we drove by their houses. Mike was all gleeful about how one could just drive around and mooch off someone's wireless to get a net connection. He's such a computer slut.

This morning was better. I got up and made breakfast. I did laundry. The whole family went outside in the gorgeous weather and collected rocks from various places on our acre and we started a stone wall out front. Eventually, I'm going to make small terraced beds with cement and gravel underneath the stonewalls, so we can manage the erosion on our hill. I'm sure we'll have to buy some rock, but I'm going to start by snagging rocks on the side of the road. We're going to put in some pathways with red decorative rock, too, like what we have on the side of the garage.

Everything is sore on my body and I got a sunburn. I also think I might have found a stain I can use in the kitchen that will go with what we already have for trim in the house. We have some of the boards outside because it's supposed to be sunny and gorgeous for the next week, so I'm going to sand and stain the boards as I feel good and go on my merry way to getting stuff organized.

Okay, and today, I bought onion and potato sets. I also bought clippers and trimmed out the front flower beds a bit. If I'm doing okay tomorrow, I'm going to rake out the dead poppies.

Someone was buying seeds at the hardware store, while I was buying stains and brushes. Apparently, no one has warned him about the April 15th and May 15th snows yet. Hope he plans to grow them inside.

Mike and I discussed yard planning. I'm jonesing for an apricot tree. Then I went hunting around and now, I want all manner of fruit trees -- apple, cherry, pear.

I wonder how many fruit trees our well can support?

No comments: