Wednesday, March 09, 2005

By talking about this, I realize I may be jinxing it, but I've had two (count 'em) good days (nights) in a row. I didn't actually get to making dinner tonight -- I got home too late from taking Genny to dance, dropping Lulu and Tibby off, and then had to stop at the store and it just took too long to get dinner on in a reasonable amount of time after getting home at 645. So I had the fixings all ready for lasagna and am pulling the second pan out now. We had tacos at the little deli place here in town. They were definitely white people tacos, but at least they had hot sauce and specifically, I didn't have to cook 'em.

I can actually visualize myself staining boards tomorrow or making garlic bread and salad for dinner or even chicken enchiladas. I even bought papayas, mangoes, peppers, and cilantro for fruit salsa to go with the enchiladas. A week ago, that was nearly unfathomable that I'd actually have shopped ahead and planned meals -- even vaguely. I did stretch last night, take vitamins, and no, I didn't get to walking today because I was busy catching up.

I ran Bear to school, talked to his teachers about how he's doing, his grades, his future, etc. I dropped his application at the Montessori school. I got calls made. I got Genny to dance (heck, I forgot that a couple weeks ago) and talked to Mel briefly. I also made a friend at the dance group, though several of the mom's are very clique-ish and hide in the "other room." We visit and talk about canning, cooking, and kids. It's fun. The new friend and I also have talked about going together to pick fruit in California together. She makes baked goods and I can, so I figure we can have fun.

The house isn't cleaner. But I'm stuck here between 12 and 3 tomorrow waiting on a delivery, so that sounds like 3 hours of cleaning to me. We'll see how tonight goes.

I have to stretch, take my vitamins, and pray.

No comments: