Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I had trouble breathing last night. My sinuses kept running and I remember waking up at one point and realized I'd been breathing through my mouth, not my nose and by doing so, I bypassed the positive aspects of the CPAP machine.

Well, this morning, I felt kind of familiarly tired, so I called and talked to the respiratory therapist who said that I probably needed to get that full face mask for such congestion problems. The insurance might not cover it, but I'm okay with coughing up the money for it myself.

The sagebrush is blooming, which means my allergies are in high gear, which means that no amount of sudafed, flonase, etc., is going to keep my nose unplugged -- this means I need a back up to nose breathing on my machine.

The cool thing is that I got a dry nose and I came home from taking the children to the library and took a nap for an hour. I hooked up to my machine and wow, do I feel better! It's so wonderful to take a nap and feel refreshed again!

__

I've got to get the laundry down off the line and take the kids to LaDawn's for Vacation Bible School. It's really funny to hear from Russell what happened at VBS.

Me: So what'd you learn last night?

R: About some king -- with a funny name I can't remember and three Jewish guys.

Me: Herod? Solomon? Nebuchanezzar?

R: Yeah, that's it. Nebuc..

Me: Well, what happened?

R: The king, at first worshipped a bunch of gods. Then he decided he must be one. And the three Jewish guys bowed down every time they heard this song. The king was mad about that, but he liked the Jewish guys, so he told them he'd give them a few chances to cut it out.

Me: I don't remember this story.

R: Anyway, the Jewish guys didn't stop and the king got mad and decided to burn them alive. But what happened is that the guys who worked for the king got burned and the Jewish guys were out of the handcuffs and were just standing around afterwards without their handcuffs on because God saved them.

Me: What happened to the king?

R: I don't remember.

Me: I guess I'll have to read the book.



No comments: