Tuesday, June 15, 2004

God bless my doctor.

He said I could increase my meds a scootch, so I took one this afternoon, and damn, if I don't feel like a million bucks now. He is also going to do kind of a pre-cursor to a sleep study to make sure I'm okay there. However, he said that if my thyroid system reacted the way it did to the meds, that my thyroid may be on the way to quitting, which means I will need more and more meds until I need thyroid replacement meds. I asked if it was related to my diabetes and he said no, but that sometimes when one glandular system shuts down, others do, too, and in the case of my heredity and gender that hypothyroidism is pretty common with or without diabetes.

I'm actually looking forward to tomorrow -- I feel like I can actually plan something. But for God's sake, don't tell my thyroid.

It's weird too, because tonight I ate Chinese -- which is usually the sugar death of all diabetics and I'm starting to get hungry, which means my sugars might be low enough to warrant a cup of yogurt. I'm so excited. A higher metabolism means calorie BURN, baby. Can you smell the potential for a smaller set of butt cheeks? (Well, if you can you might be putting your face too close to my ass!)

I might even feel NORMAL tomorrow.

What a fucking concept!

No comments: