Thursday, March 18, 2004

Russell had his MRI yesterday. I stayed in the room with him, holding onto his leg while he tried to remain very very still. They'd given him a sedative, so the techs were able to get really clear and perfect shots of him. I was really surprised at just how still he could be.

The magnet stuff creeped me out entirely. I wanted to flee the room because I could feel it all around me and it was a force of will to remain in the room. It was pretty icky.

However, I think something's going on with Bear's meds. Yesterday and today, he's had a lot of tics. I think we may have to reduce how much medication he takes, but I'm waiting on the neurologist to do so. I was concerned last night because he was really bad after the sedative and S. was here and we were both freaking out about him. About the time I had finally decided I might have to take him to the emergency room, he got a lot more normal. He was still absent-minded as hell, but at least not moving his head from side to side, blinking, and wiggling his arms all over the place, while he was ostensibly trying to just leave them by his side.

God, this stuff is scarier than hell.




I made Genny the dress. I ended up in 1230AM forgoing the whole pinafore over the top of shamrock fabric and just making a sash. I'll make the pinafore for the easter outfit. I was lazy and just put a hem of lace on because I didn't want to slip stitch anything at 1AM, oddly enough. Apparently, her daycare folks made a big stink and she was still twirling around the house when she came home. Next year, I'm just buying her the shirt.




I made the meatballs right. Two times running Mike has made them and they've been icky. The first time, he used ground turkey and there's something way revolting about turkey and spaghetti sauce. The second time, they just weren't right. I don't know what he did, but they were just off.

Tonight, I made them. They smell right and delicious and everything right.

No comments: