Monday, March 22, 2004

I am getting really annoyed.

My MIL is really pushing. She keeps sending these syrupy emails to me that are inferences to demonstrate that she thinks I'm a great mom. They're those stupid email forward things that blather poetic that I think if they came from anyone else, I would tolerate them, skim them, and hit delete. However, being that they are from the woman who has made it clear in no uncertain terms that she thinks I suck, I'm made a little nauseous by them.

I guess I'm not won over easily by platitudes in light of behavior that has truly demonstrated that she doesn't actually hold me in any light other than the cold plastic glow of contempt. At this point, the feeling is mutual.

And email that reeks of hypocrisy is nothing short of insulting.

I know she's been trying to see if she can come "visit" sooner, however, I am done. In my fantasy, I am not here because I am certain that I'll have determined that I have other stuff to do in a different state that must be done the week she comes because the thought of having to deal with her in my home around my children makes me ill. The drag is that logisitically that is not possible without fucking up Mike because he'll be in the middle of his annual massive overtime gig, which means I'll be single parenting 16 hours a day, and even if he isn't, it'll be sticking him in the role of singleparenting which is not bad, but is hard and stressful on him. However, the thought of entertaining my mother-in-law, while being under her constant scrutiny with the security that she'll make commentary about how with her kids she did everything differently and the constant inference being what a rotten mother I am is truly an anti-thrill -- under the category of chewing glass, undergoing a root canal, and giving birth, simultaneously. The thought of doing that without Mike's support is unthinkable.

Yeah, come to my house, put my parenting under a microscope and tell me how you'd do things differently. Yup, we all saw how your parenting worked out. I guess one drug addict out of 4 isn't a bad average. Yeesh!

Mike is already writing the email that delineates what dates in the next several months will work and what dates won't work around his schedule. Of course, if he mentions that I'm considering leaving the state, he's getting a purple nurple.

I just don't want to deal with her shit. What cool about this time, is that my husband will stand up for me and we can always send her out of the house. He's also making it clear that she'll be staying in a hotel and has even offered to pay for it -- I told Mike,"Just say you'd be happy to pay for a hotel." Mike said,"I'd be 'happy' to pay for it?" I asked,"Okay, do you want your mom to stay here?" He basically did the "hell-no!" headshake and hurriedly typed how happy he would be to pay for her room.

I love my husband. I'm glad he loves me.

No comments: