Monday, April 28, 2003

I'm up to 7 pages on the ESL paper and I'm not even halfway done.

It's not that I'm particularly verbose. (Okay, I *am*.) It's just that this professor gives the impression that he wants you to dissect everything thoroughly. So here I am at 7 pages and not halfway through, wishing I could sleep, because Lord knows, that last night, I didn't sleep much at all, as I processed this stupid paper in my head. In retrospect, it might have been better to not have sought afternoon delight with my delicious husband and ground away at this paper, but he is way too yummy for that.

Tonight, I have my first graduate student meeting at the Uni, so I have to figure out if there is some way I can lose consciousness between 5-7 because from 4-5, I'll be resolving the issue of my enrollment. I was supposed to be enrolled in 6 units this semester and I was apparently enrolled by computer error in only 3. However, without 6 units in the system, I cannot get my in school deferment which I need for my loans. In addition, the uni wants to charge me for a class I never attended and which I added and dropped in the course of the same half hour. I'm having to get letters signed by the chair and people I don't know just to say that yes, I was in the ESL class and doing all the very fucking hard work and that No, I never attended the Trends in Special Education class.

The next week is the last week before finals, so naturally I have big nasty projects abounding for which I am responsible and while the room painting thing is calling to me, in a good angel/bad devil on my shoulder kinda way, I'm going to remain buried in schoolwork for the next week, at which point, I am simply going to send children to daycare for the day and sleep like a log.

Right now, I want and need some caffeine .... intravenously, please.

I am a slave to academia for the moment, which is good because in a week, I paint.

No comments: