Tuesday, April 08, 2003

We're still waiting on the gubment to do their part of the loan approval. We had been told it would take up to 48 hours. It has now been 72 and we're heading toward 96. I'm in an awful bind because if I have to have the floor work done in the bathroom, and I think I do, I have to have 3 days to do it because we have to have the property reinspected by the pest guy and cleared. We have already bought the supplies (with cash and I've kept the receipt), but I can't hire anyone until I hear from the realtor regarding who's shouldering the cost. Specifically, I'm not doing the work if I have no assurances that the owners will either split the costs in good faith or reimburse me if something happens and escrow falls through. I have people lined up to do the work, who are charging me way too much. I'm having a hard time particularly because I could do this myself, but I can't because of liability issues.

Yesterday, on the way home from class, I started to bawl. I feel so helpless, overwrought, and stupid. It makes no sense, but that's how I feel.

I'm at the end of my rope. If this loan doesn't go through on time and escrow closes late, we risk losing the house, which causes a cascade of other issues in terms of landlords, u-hauls, friends lined up to help us, and the most obvious of all, my sanity.

The icing on the cake? Last night at midnight, my husband looked at me and said,"Happy Anniversary!" and I realized I'd forgotten about it in the melee. I've been thinking about it, but knew we were too broke to do anything about it. The straw that broke the camel's back is that this morning, my sweet husband, who never gives out cards, gave me a card because "you always give me one and I always forget to get you one."

Welcome to Pity Party 2003, would you like a drink?

No comments: