Thursday, April 03, 2003

Well, we've passed through pass 1 of the 2 pass approval process for the house and nobody said a thing about the windows. I checked yesterday on window estimates, utilizing the good ole boy network that cubscouts can be if you are willing to look somewhat self-sufficient because lord knows your computer geek of a husband can't run powertools. (Nor should he.) I can get the whole house windowed with high-quality vinyl at $1500, plus $300 more for E-glass, which is considerably less than the $2200 I was originally quoted for them (sans E-glass). It will take 3 weeks to get said windows in, so escrow will be closed before I get them and install them, which means I am in good shape, I hope. I'll know officially tomorrow.

And my sugars, while I deserve absolutely hideous sugars for my food the past two days, have been super. I'm going to be good this morning, however and eat my bowl of cottage cheese with fruit. Yesterday, breakfast wasn't so bad, but the meals got progressively worse as time passed. I ate a balance bar and a bottle of spicy V8 for breakfast, two cheapy hamburgers for lunch, a pizza with salad for dinner. Dessert was what got me yesterday -- cookies and ice cream. It wouldn't have been bad if I had done one cookie and a small dish of sugar free ice cream, but I didn't. I think I was feeling worried, so I ate and worried, which was a dumb thing to do. It wouldn't have been so bad if I had taken the opportunity to actually enjoy the food, but I didn't. I just kind of shoveled it in, which frankly, was a perfect waste of good cookies and ice cream. I think if I had stopped to enjoy them, I would have been more reasonable about my servings.

That emotional eating thing is rough on me, too, because then I feel kind of guilty, but what I mostly regret today, is that I didn't stop to enjoy what I was doing and that would have been a lot more prayerful for me.

Spring sprang back to winter -- we've got two inches of snow on the ground and we are expecting more snow later tonight and tomorrow, which means we're screwed on the whole cherry blossom thing. I was all excited for blossoms on some fruit trees in the backyard of the new house, but with the snow, I'm doubting we'll see fruit to be able to identify said trees. *sigh*

I'm planning my xeriscape front yard. It's part of a project at school, where I am supposed to do something strictly from books, so that's what I'm doing. It's a lot of fun and adds to the dreamability of my house. I have a great eye, so I read this stuff and start extrapolating immediately. I keep seeing my motivation in the matter and geesh, that matters a lot. That gets me to thinking about how to motivate LD kids and then I get overwhelmed at the enormity of teaching special education.

I should hear about my grad program within the week, by the way. Apparently, they are making their selections now. I have to go get inoculated for my MMR because I don't have my immunization records and that's required for registration and all. That should be next week. I should also hear about a grad assistantship, which would mean my money was defined or not for school. If not, then I know how much I have to save. Dear God, I want a grad assistantship.

Okay, food and shower...next on the agenda because I'm hungry and stinky.



No comments: