Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ok, so both state jobs fell through. The teaching one, they made it clear I was second choice and that they really liked me and told me to keep applying. It was one of the nicest rejection letters ever, really. So I start AT&T shortly. In the interim, Mike has an interview with a competitor of his old company that's local! We're rather stunned.

I was really sad about the state jobs, but I'm ok. I've got something and it'll help pay bills. Hopefully, over time, I'll put some money up and be able to go back to school to teach. If I work nights, that's an option.

Right now, we're hoping Mike gets hired out soon, so we can use the severance pay to put in a well here.

I checked with him and he said that all the contract work was in LA and the Bay area, though there's some in in Vegas, too. I priced out plane tickets and cheap apartments and he can get some deals in Vegas, anyhow. I found one place that has a shared cooking area, which I thought would rock. His brothers live in LA and the Bay area, so he may be able to stay for a week here and there, too, certainly to start off with.

Ok...bottom line? This up in the air crap is kicking my ass. I'm between losing my mind and losing my house, so it's definitely rock and hard place material.

Oh, and my stupid car is in the driveway...not working -- AGAIN. We went to AAA and upgraded our stupid membership, so I can get the danged thing towed to the garage. Mike giggled,"At least, they can't repo it, right now." I rolled my eyes, but he's right.

It's not going anywhere until Thursday, though because AAA takes 2 days. So Mike will probably follow us down to the garage and I'll beg my mechanic to start on it and do what he can. There's something hinky with the electric system and I'm rather ticked I spent $100 to fix jack on the danged thing at the garage here in town.

I need it fixed by the time I start working though. Mike needs an emergency car and a car to go to interviews with.

Life is so frustrating lately. I just hope we can get through.

No comments: