Friday, December 05, 2008

Mike's had interviews. He's to be flown to Vegas for one and to Florida for another. I got offered the job from ATT, but it doesn't start until January 12th. It's somewhat tentative, but not really. I'm going in for a trainer interview with the state on Thursday.

While AT&T wouldn't transfer to Florida, it would transfer to Vegas, so we have that option. It may mean that Mike has the kids with him, while I do the 4-6 week training and then I mention to them after I've completed the training that my husband got offered a job in Vegas and I'd like to transfer. If his interviews don't go anywhere, we could survive on my AT&T salary, unemployment and his severance and I would get excellent benefits, when COBRA runs out.

I'm working as much as I can as a substitute. I got lucky yesterday and checked the program from a job and picked up 3 days next week. The problem is that I am going to have to reschedule my interview, so calling them to set that up. For that interview, they want me to demonstrate how to make a PBJ, so I pulled "Peanut Butter Jelly Time" off the net and am bringing almond butter because I'm allergic to peanut butter. I've already researched the history, calories, and the like for making a PBJ and have the whole thing planned out.

I scare myself.

2 comments:

mathmom said...

Congrats on the ATT job! Hope things work out for Mike as well!

Red Neck Ruby said...

We all hope for that. :P