Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Still a waiting game on the employment front. We're just waiting.

We're baking and finishing up shopping.

I feel overwhelmed a lot, but it's just where things are. I'm going to probably go nuts and bake a ton just for the heck of it. I don't feel motivated to eat it much, but I really enjoy the baking part.

I've been watching Christmas shows and listening to music and decorating and just getting into the Christmas groove. Tonight's baking was snickerdoodles with colored sugars.

There's been a lot of snow. We're in the shadow of Tahoe, so we get all the spillover, so they've gotten 7 feet at upper elevations and we've probably gotten a total of 7 inches. It's melted away some and then it returns. We're getting the first white Christmas in 5 years. I think that means we aren't going to try to cross the mountains, that and the van is dead in the driveway the way it was in October. I am not amused.

We're still waiting on the lousy reimbursement from his Florida interview. I finally called and said that we put together every last dime we had to get him there and that we would appreciate it, if they'd fed ex that check to us. Apparently, the check was cut today, so hopefully, it'll be here tomorrow.

That's a company that sincerely needs a corporate card, dude.

No comments: