Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Well, Mike has heard nothing. With the holidays, I don't know if that's good or bad -- just what is going on.

I have heard from ATT and officially am employed by them as of January 12th. I applied for two state jobs last week, and I'll hear about them before the new year and then can figure out if I'm doing that or going to ATT. Considering the money, I'm thinking state job. :) I am pretty much starting out at the top of my pay range for ATT and with their recent layoffs, I kind of think there's not a lot of up to go there. I'd like to make money and support my family, not just be able to pay the mortgage and live off Mike's severance til it's gone.

I'm going to take whatever I get, though, and hope to God that Mike gets something soon. The state job I applied for on Friday -- one of the gals took me aside and talked to me all the way down the hall and said, "Have him apply into our department. We're stable and not likely to get nailed any more with the budget cuts." So Mike is applying. He has to go to the DMV and get a printout because he knows he's had tickets, he just can't remember any of the circumstances of them and he needs to write those into the application. Tomorrow, we'll have $7, so tomorrow, he'll do that.

No comments: