Thursday, March 13, 2003

Today is the windiest day we've had in a while. We live in a virtual wind tunnel, so that's saying a bit, but it' really is just amazing in the valley below with these horrendous wind storms tossing fine sand willynilly in their wake. I was getting Genny into the car from daycare and when I finally got to my side of the car to get in and about had my arm torn off by the wind yanking on the door, I realized I had a mouth full of sand. Ptooey!

Tonight is scouts, so maybe when Mike and Russell go, I'll actually get some laundry folded. Genny will tear the house apart, but it's a start.

My latest propensity towards demonstrating my insanity is that I am thinking about running a summer daycare/camp for school-aged kids. What would be cool about it, aside from the kids, is that everything we did to the house would then be tax deductible. Russell thinks it would be cool to have friends showing up every day. I think it would be cool that I could get paid for staying home and working on my house and then be able to make it a tax deduction.

The woman who typically does school-aged summer care is getting out of it, so it would be a good time to do it. I've talked to her and to LaDawn and it just seems like it would be fun and nice to have the extra income.

No comments: