Saturday, March 15, 2003

Okay, I'm fully nuts into decorating the new house. Well, it's not only decorating. On the wind side, we need to replace the windows and we've already discussed and decided that those three front windows will be replaced with Pella windows, which while very damned expensive, will be well worth the expense for the energy savings, equity in the house, the warranty that they come with, etc. I've got an estimator coming out next week to measure and give us an estimate. The windows are going to be very expensive, so we're going to start with the front and just carefully work our way to the back in a year or two. Because the wind is on the front, the front windows are the most important. We also have the flooring estimator coming out next week to give us a price on the lino. I could do the lino myself with the cheapo home depot stuff, but after the inspector's visit, both bathrooms need the subflooring replaced and I'm nervous about trying to do that myself. I'm sure it's not hard, but I don't have tools, and I'd rather have someone professional do it and then I can see how they do it and then next time, I can do it myself.

For my learning disabilities class, I have to do something where I learn how to do it from reading only. I've decided I'm going to terrace garden my front yard because I have never done that before, I need to put in some kind of erosion control on the hill, and I like bed gardens. We have lots of bunnies, so I will have to put in marigolds and blood meal as deterrents. I would adore having beds alternating between pink floppy primroses, California poppies, and summer veggies. I also will finally be able to plant my beautiful lavendar flower sedum. I also have some other beautiful floppy perennials in my head. It'll be beautiful and easy. Okay, digging out places to put the terrace wood will be bitch, but I'll be loving the results.

I am so tired. I am not sleeping. My insomnia is reaching epic proportions. I am so overwhelmed. I am one person with three persons' work to do. We have a list of crap to do today and so far it includes none of the mounds of laundry that need to be done, nor the filthy kitchen floor, nor the cleaning of the laundry room. *sigh*

No comments: