Tuesday, December 24, 2002

I finally got my blood work done...the blood work that I should have had done in July. *ahem* I"m getting the cholesterol, the hba1c, and this time, a test for rheumatoid factor for the arthritis. The PA looked at my knuckles and said she could see a nodule on my middle finger, but in looking at both my middle fingers, they match, so I think that it's just how I look. My rings are tighter though and the aching some days is exhausting, and my hands are swollen, much like my mother's used to be. Apparently, there are new drugs that can stop the progression of the disease, so if that's the case, I'll take that, but only if I have rheumatoid versus osteo arthritis.

It sucks to be in a position to be wishing I have rheumatoid versus osteo arthritis, frankly.

I sent packages out and while all my relatives got cards, none of my friends did. My rolodex is on my computer and with all the brown outs, I couldn't run the computer to get my rolodex. I sent a box to my mom and one to Betty, but I forgot to put in relish, but didn't know if she was a relish person or not, so wasn't sure if I should torture her or not. I did include some organic yummies in there, so she'll still love me. Additionally, I got an awesome box from Harsh Betty -- chile pepper stuff like crazy and really neat goodies. I think my favorite thing was the homemade Christmas tree ornament. I didn't send her an xmas tree ornament, so I suck, but on the up side, I also swallow, which just goes to blow ya that a Merry Christmas can be had by all.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a great new year!

No comments: