Thursday, December 05, 2002

Today, I've been singing "Java." I got a good night's sleep, and I didn't have to do kids today, so I was just so destressed.

I love coffee, I love tea. I love the Java Bug and it loves me.

I figured out the books today and the more amazing news for the year is that we should have all of our credit cards paid by the end of February. Yesterday, I got all cocky and filled out one of those mortgage things online. I was just curious...can we actually qualify if we have a buttload of credit cards paid off and we have nothing but a car payment and student loans. Of course, between us, we have three-fourths of a house in student loans.

We'll see if curiosity kills the dream.

And the sick baby is home. She was home for Thanksgiving, I believe. I have been quilting madly to get the hand stuff done and hopefully will have it all pat by the weekend. I'm also piecing a quilt for a co-worker. I do some piecing, take a break and then quilt the other one.

I know, I know. I swore I'd never piece again, but I got this good idea and I made my own design and picked out the coolest fabrics and I just don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I sure do enjoy it a lot more when I'm doing it for myself and not some ungodly deadly for nazi quilt teachers. I'm also finding that the cutting is so much better now -- I do it as I need it and I am a lot more accurate. Practice makes Perfect.

I do enjoy hand quilting, but I feel rather inept at it and I really desperately need a smaller loom to work on for my short arms.

I just wish I had a lot more time. I'm so short on it lately.





No comments: