Wednesday, December 11, 2002

I woke up at 330AM sneezing in my sleep with my nose running like a sieve. I got up and took sudafed and crawled back into bed.
I am taking my sudafed, and have started to bulk up on my asthma meds. I just hope I don't end up on prednisone, and thus, insulin because I don't want to have to take insulin and syringes with me to work. It freaks people out a lot. Hell, it freaks me out.

I also hope I don't drip snot inadvertently on someone while I'm helping them with their computer, as that would be just icky. I already had a snot slip up once this morning, when I bent over to get a spoon in the kitchen. As I bent over I could feel an un-snivelable steam of snot go slipping willy-nilly out my nostril. You know you're in trouble when you've got snot leaving your body involuntarily.

And last night, we had the family conference about my new work schedule in January. We talked about how my hours would change and that I'd be working 9-6 or 10-7, daily and that that would mean that we'd have to work as a team together to make things work. We also talked about the fact that the more overtime I get to work, the more money we can put against a house and the more likely it is that we can stay where we are and not move Bear out of his school.

We're talking serious incentive here. We all agreed that we'd just keep telling ourselves that it was for the house and we could all hang in there for six months, if we knew at the end we could buy a house in the town where we are and not have to move elsewhere. I offered to print out a picture of a house, so we could keep the goal in mind, but everyone was positively drooling over the idea, so I think we'll just use it as our family mantra until my session time is up.

I think I've done everything I can towards our safety. I've done all the physical stuff and I'm praying. I pray that God chooses to keep us safe because we've done all the sensible footwork in the interim.

Bruno and I met last night, and I felt more empowered as a result. And that's a good thing. Work's been busy, so I don't have time to dwell on how scared I feel, thankfully.

I love my husband, my kids, my family, and I'm just counting each daily blessing as I go. I got to have lunch with Genny and Daddy today. I got to make Russell laugh this morning, after he'd had a complete meltdown. I got to eat a BLT for lunch, which is a guilty pleasure. We're broke again, but most of the bills are paid, so I don't care. If I got the check I'm supposed to for the contract work, we'd be in much better shape!

No comments: