Tuesday, April 27, 2004

The synthroid is doing wonders. I'm dropping weight like a stone and I feel pretty good. I think I could probably use a little more, but for now, it's going pretty well.

The only problem I've run into is that I seem to be having low sugar problems. I may have to cut back on my diabetes meds, but I don't have time to deal with it right now with the end of the semester and the surgery in two days. Once things have calmed down, I'll start doing a food/sugar journal for my doctor.

Mike and Bear left Monday morning for the field trip on the coast of California. I pulled out my knapsack to go to class last night and discovered their lunches, so of course, I spent last night fretting about it.

My friend, S, is worrying me. She's working, but still broke. Her phone's been cut off and she thinks she's going to lose her car to the repoman. I'm seriously thinking about getting her a cricket phone and paying for it for a few months, just so she can have a phone.

I'm so freaking codependent. My thought is if I have money, I like to help other people with it. S was worrying about paying us back and I basically told her, that if she felt like she had pay it back somehow, that she should donate to the local food closet when she got into a position to do so, but that in the meantime, she should take care of getting her feet under her because her paying us back was not a make or break point to our relationship with her.

We have the bonus coming up soon, so we're looking forward to having that money around. I think we're going to buy us a rototiller, Jeb. I got me some proper-TEE to rototill because the front yard is one big gigantic weed fest. In the desert, it doesn't make sense to have a well, so that you can water big front lawn, so that the bunnies and deer have something to eat, so we need to till it under and start the landscaping project.

Things to look forward to, huh?



No comments: