Friday, April 16, 2004

Everyone tells me that whatever this cervical dyplasia stuff comes to that I'll probably have a really uncomfortable office visit. However, most folks aren't talking about a lot of dysplasia, they're talking a little. I've heard the gamut from hysterectomy to partial cervical removal to uncomfortable biopsy resolved in one day.

My mother's vote is for a hysterectomy, so I don't have to endure menopause. Personally, I'm all for some level of permanent birth control at my age, however, I was thinking Mike could get it. Radical abdomenal surgery just doesn't rank up there on my list of things I'd ever wish for unless I had gotten pretty damned desperate. I am contemplating taking a year off from grad school, so I can drop weight and not have to have the gastric bypass, so a hysterectomy seems like a less than desirable option just to avoid hormones. Unlike my mother, I know a few herbs to use. Additionally, if I was more bitchy than usual at home, my family would likely not notice a distinct change or if they got annoyed with me, I'd get told.

Russell's actually really good about saying in a super tactful and nice way,"What the hell is up with you, Mom?" Mike is less tactful, but loving about the same thing. Genny just razes the house. It's her little way of saying,"And you thought you were evil?"

I'm getting an incomplete in one class. I may have to take one in the other class and blow off mini-term to get caught up.

Oddly enough, I thought I would be upset and I'm not. I'm relieved that I can just take the time and figure this out. The other thing I wondered about is if this problem might be contributing to my continuing lack of sexual interest, since I had Genny.

My biggest worry is probably insane to someone who has medical knowledge, but I was wondering if the cootie cells would travel up the IUD into my uterus. Then I got insanely nervous and realized I should just stop with that line of thought immediately, because basically, I can worry about this incessantly to little avail until Monday.

Well, hell, I'm wildly worrying anyhow, but it's nice to just try to fake myself out into some relative sanity. As my husband says,"You not worry? " Then he guffaws for a few minutes and then just starts looking at me and snickering helplessly.

Bastard.





No comments: