Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Officially, it's not cancer, and the stuff on the outside is mild displasia, but because of the initial reading of severe displasia, the doctor still wants to do the loop procedure to remove some of my cervix because that means that the severe stuff may be in the cervical canal, which is kind of scary to me because I'm wondering how far up it goes?

What to do, what to do.

I know, thank my mind for sharing!

I'm very relieved, but I will still be going in every three months for a pap smear, and I may have to have this procedure repeated over the next year a few times -- big fun. I'm getting the IUD out next Thursday. Mike and I will be condom shopping.

Heh.

The procedure will be done next Thursday, April 29th. I'm planning on snoozing through the afternoon afterwards and the doctor has ordered a tranquilizer just for the occasion.

On a side note, I've been just diagnosed by my regular doctor with hypothyroidism today.

In light of all this body stuff, I'm thinking that God is trying to get my attention, so I'm going to see how I feel on the thyroid medication, but I am probably going to take next 6-12 months off from grad school. Both my doctors are really worried about me and I trust them. And I'm worried, too.

Many of the folks in my kids group said that you thought if I took a year off, I'd never go back, but as an undergrad, I often took a quarter off, when I got tired and went back in when I was ready in a quarter or two. It's my education and I'm paying for it, so I guess I want to be in my best form mentally, physically, and spiritually. It would suck to do a half-hearted job, when I know what I am capable of. I also have a never quit thing within me. Bad.

Hey, it makes me the workaholic I am today. ;p

Speaking of which, I am tired and I'm stressed. Stress can make the cervical stuff worse. I'd like to see if after this procedure, I can have a clear year with no displasia. I'd like to give the thyroid meds time to work and see if I can get my weight down. With weight loss, a number of my health issues get better -- especially the diabetes and the asthma. I may also just take off next fall and go back in the spring, but I feel like I need to take some time to take care of my body and get myself well.

No comments: