Thursday, February 27, 2003

We are all sick and crabby. Last night, I finally hit a wall. I just sent the kids to bed early and I sat in my chair and enjoyed the peace and quiet, punctuated by my own coughs. I woke up this morning and wished I could deepthroat a long thin popsicle because my throat was so sore. I'm sure my husband would have preferred something else, but I was thinking pure ice.

I have to go out, despite the snowstorm and march all over campus to get crap printed out and delivered, so I can officially prostrate myself at the grad school door with application in hand. I wish I could sleep until next week. Makes me glad I have hiking boots -- which I am sure will make it a red neck ruby moment.

I have an appointment tomorrow for Genny, because there's no way her ears are clear, as she is crowned princess of house destruction. She is only like this when sick, so I am very much looking forward to the ick of sick ending, not only for her, but all of us. Russell has stayed home for the past two days, and this morning, I rather guiltily sent him to school with cough drops.



No comments: