Sunday, February 16, 2003

I need to make dinner, write essays, and otherwise be doing homework. Note, that in that I didn't mention housework. I mopped the floor and have been insisting that it get swept, and I vacuumed. I've started laundry and will continue with said laundry until I'm dead.

I am so down. I can't find a house we can afford, where we'd like to live. On top of that, I'm not sure about living here. I just found out that four kids basically took trading cards from Russell's pocket -- stealing them, ripping them, and tossing them in the trash. In the face of four kids, I'm not sure what he was supposed to do, but I wrote a pretty ripshit email to his teacher. I hope she reads it before I call the school on Tuesday, after the holiday.

I have this assignment that I hate. I'm supposed to basically tell the teacher how I'd like her to set up the class, if it were independent study. I realize that I'm supposed to do stuff like this, but I hate self-evaluation and it makes me want to rip all my hair out and leave it in clumps on the floor even to work on this assignment. I don't mind setting up a class for someone else, but I definitely am not liking having to do it for myself.

I think Genny has ear infections again. I finally convinced Mike that we should take her in and then she was acting "better" and we thought better of it. Tonight, she's kind of being a crack baby -- flitting all over the house bent on destruction, so I think I'm taking her tomorrow, just to be safe.

I figured out our tax bill and it's not pretty. I'm contacting an accountant LaDawn uses because we only paid in about $8K in taxes and I show us owing upwards of $18K in total. It's astounding to me. I know we should get some writeoffs, but I don't know how to do them particularly well, I just know for a family that lives check to check, that seems like a phenomenal tax burden and as a result, I am back to my usual state of insomnia.

No comments: