Saturday, August 30, 2008

Jumping Jehosaphat on a pogostick! The teacher I subbed for is teaching 5th graders. For those of you just tuning in, fifth and sixth graders are about my least favorite age group to sub for. I swear it's just the introduction of those hormones to those little bodies that they just haven't adjusted to you and they're about the most hideous excuses for human beings on the planet at that age.

And yeah, all that stuff I was concerned about regarding Friday afternoon, first week of school, and the day before a 3 day weekend? It all came true! A nightmare come to life, I tell ya. However, I had the last laugh. I told their teacher everything. Muhahahaha! And I know he'll make them pay.

I'm considering offering to volunteer there occasionally, too. I love this teacher. I want to be this teacher. He's got classroom management down and he's very organized. I want to be in a position to work with his kids and to learn from this guy. He's really awesome and it would line me up for subbing for him, too.

I forget how much I love teaching until I do it. Then I start thinking about how fast I may be able to get my practicum done. Then, of course, I come home and take a pile of glucosamine and 2 vicodan and sleep for 12 hours straight.

There were no wheely carts at Costco when I went to buy stuff for Russell's birthday, so I spent an hour walking (added to teaching all afternoon), so I was feeling pretty cocky.

I was thinking today though, that I may just say screw it and start walking a block or two daily. Our blocks are country blocks, so I'm not talking a short block, but it's a relatively short walk and I could walk on sand, so it'd be less stressful on my joint. I'm thinking about 10-15 minutes top. As fat as I am, it'll give me plenty of exercise and I can augment that with swimming a few times a week. It'd also keep me in pain enough to remember to take my stupid glucosamine and my metformin with it. And it'd push me to take my byetta, too. My problem with some of these meds is that they tear up my stomach, especially byetta.

I have to winnow this big fat butt down to a smaller big butt, though. I don't plan on ever wearing much in the way of clothing under a size 20 any time soon, but to even have a size 18/20 within reach would really rock.

No comments: