Monday, August 11, 2008

Genny's clonidine made a big difference in her sleep, but she's slowly creeping back to the midnight to noon schedule, so I've got to run her hard today, so she sleeps a little earlier and we can start dialing back that schedule to something normal for her.

She managed to get her room clean and had a friend over, which for her was a miracle. Her friend invited her for next weekend and our only request is that Genny has to keep her room clean to go.

We're likely to have a house full of teenaged boys this evening for the Perseids, but hopefully, we'll all survive it. My concern is that Genny gets very excited when the boys are here and she may not sleep well. I'm taking her to the club with her brother today to dip in the pool to wear her out some. I hope it works. I'm also thinking that I might just bike this evening. I've been wanting to, but it just seems like there's no time or it's too hot or something is always wrong. It's getting to be like fall weather though, so maybe it'll happen tonight. I figure she can tool around outside on her bike, while I sit on mine in the garage watching.

Beyond all this, I'm sad because the well is failing again. I'm scared we'll be out of water before the rain comes. Russell was washing dishes, but his idea of doing so usually involves pouring vast amounts of water down the sink, rather than a sink of hot soapy water and a sink of rinse water.

We shut off the pump. I'm going to take the kids out of the house today to run laundry at the laundromat and take a run to the club to swim and shower. Maybe that'll help.

Wish me luck.

No comments: