Thursday, August 28, 2008

I have my first day of subbing tomorrow with this school year. I'll be working for a teacher for whom I've subbed before and he's crazy organized, so it'll be a breeze. The kids can be challenging at this school, but 4th graders aren't typically hideous ever and this guy often is the principal for the day, so it's possible he'll be around tomorrow to scare them into behaving. On the Friday afternoon before a 3-day weekend on the first week of school, I can dream, right? :D

I'm still fussing over what to wear, which is my way of obsessing over the what-ifs. I'm trying to remember where I put my substitute teacher emergency kit stuff. I have some things, but my cube has been wedged under a pile of crap in the livingroom, so restocking it would take some serious work. I'm going to get Genny out the door and then do that stuff tomorrow morning. If I do it while she's here, she'll be freaking out about all the cool stuff in my cube and I'll never see it again, as Sticky Fingers loves to "borrow" my teacher stuff.

I was delighted this morning to remember that I had my awesome widdle hand cleaner jar on my key ring. I was cleaning Genny's face off with a wet paper towel and went to shake hands with her gifted and talented teachers and realized I needed to clean my hands somehow, so I whipped some out and voila! I explained I'm a substitute teacher and they all laughed and said, yeah, hand cleaner was the first thing they'd bought for the classroom. Then we all laughed and I remembered that little snot nosed kindergarten boy who was sick as hell and always wanted to hug me about half a year ago. I'm not ever gonna turn away a hugging child, but man, I washed my hands right after.

Well, I took my lunesta, so I can sleep. I took my shower while there's water. I didn't get to water my garden, but it'll be there tomorrow to water. I tried to siphon the unchlorinated pool water to it, but it wasn't working particularly. Mike and I hypothesized various ways to facilitate making the system work and we mulched the bejeebers out of the beds, so the water will stay. Essentially, I think we have this one good watering for the rest of the season, with all that mulch, as next week it starts cooling down out of the 90s, thank God.

Any water left over is going to the plum and apple trees, both of which are loaded with fruit.

No comments: