Sunday, August 24, 2008

I've had the bladder infection that won't die. It is a very resistant strain, so I'm on my second round of antibiotics.

After the first round of antibiotics, I started using old herbal remedies, so when I went in to get retested, it'd pretty much killed the bacteria sufficiently so it didn't show up on their stick test and only showed up a little on a culture 3 days later. Because it didn't show up on their stick test, I discontinued the herbs thinking I was now the proud owner of a yeast infection.

The day they call me to tell me the culture was positive, I was again positive I had a bladder infection and was in agony. I started my second round of antibiotics and supplemented that with d-mannose and cranberry to keep the pain down. Sleep's been danged near impossible and all I am is tired from not breathing and hurting.

I'm looking forward to kids going back to school. it'll be quiet.

No comments: