Monday, May 22, 2006

It's been a long time since I've had the quiet of being able to listen to rain -- usually, it's just some pain in the ass thing to drive in. Of course, it's this particular weather which is making the digging of my septic a pain, but I know the septic will go in at some point, so I'm done worrying.

I fell asleep at about 9pm, so woke up about 3am, opened the window and played computer games because I couldn't fall back asleep.

Then, the rain started to fall lightly, as indicated by the patter on sand outside my window. Now, the eaves are starting to shed water, so there's that drip, too, and it sounds like a bubbly brook outside my window, warbling the tales of water from round the world.

I forgot how lovely rain can smell -- like a newborn baby's breath. I forgot how peaceful I feel when I can actually stop to listen to it.

My shoulders have stopped hurting and my hips aren't so sore.

I can sleep now.

No comments: