Friday, December 02, 2005

Things have just been holiday rush-ish.

We kind of did the Thanksgiving thing, then the next day bought and decorated a tree.

We still have some of the ornament boxes in the livingroom, dang it.

I feel like I am ever behind this enlarged mound o' laundry. I'm doing it, but it seems like the more I do, the worse it gets. It's kind of like the black hole of laundry. Clean clothes disappear into an abyss.

My knee is hideous. It's swollen, clicking, painful, etc. I've been given anti-inflammatory medications and the prospect a knee replacement sooner than later if I don't lose weight. I'm back to using the old lady carts at the stores. I'm avoiding stores with concrete floors that don't have the carts and I bought a bike, but I've only ridden it once because it's been really super cold, it's rained, or I've run out of time.

I'm hoping to get on it tomorrow if the storm has cleared, but it's rained all day long, though my knee has correspondingly seemed to suck the water out of the air and swell to larger proportions than usual.

I'm nervously eyeing the prospect of substitute teaching. If I'm teaching, I know I can't be on my feet all day -- my knee can't take it, but I am in a 'tween state, in that I am not quite ready for a wheelchair, however, I don't want to end up in surgery sooner versus later. At this point, I'd take the wheelchair, though to keep from aggravating my knee unduly.

Mike asked me what if I come into a room that isn't set up for wheelchairs. I told him I'd make kids move furniture until it was. I guess that doesn't phaze me in the least. Of course, at the end of the day, I'd ask them to move stuff back. However, I think this merits another discussion with the orthopedist. One thing I've been noticing is that walk through the parking lot can be excrutiating, so it might be nice to have a handicapped placard for my bad days and I really think I need a wheelchair as a back up. It might be worth finding out how much it would cost, too, to own one outright.

I am also considering getting a "band" on my stomach -- no, I don't mean a brass and drum section, but rather a temporary means of constricting how big my stomach is to lose weight. It is a lot less drastic than gastric bypass surgery and I need to look into it, as a means of considering my options. I think that would be a solution say for 6 months. I could build up my iron like gangbusters beforehand and find out a way of staving off my ever-present anemia during, and then have it removed and take what weight loss I get from it and keep on going with it. If I have a smaller body, it'll be easier to exercise and move it around -- bike or not and I suspect my poor knee would be happier, too.

Tomorrow is another day to get stuff done in, I guess.

No comments: