Sunday, December 11, 2005

I spent the weekend popping prescription painkillers and resting. Mostly just sitting in my chair. I had the stupidity to work out on Thursday -- it was a light water workout...nothing too awful, but Friday morning, we were circling in front of the urgent care waiting for it to open.

My orthopedist thinks I am just going to have to live with it until I lose weight. My counter is, how the fuck am I going to lose weight if I can't even workout without my knee swelling up like a balloon, hurting so badly that I'm not sleeping, and generally ruining my life? It's not supposed to make noises like this, nor hurt with this degree of pure agony.

I'm getting a wheelchair tomorrow and a blue placard. I think that I'm going to end up having to blow off substitute teaching and I may start up an ebay business of blanket making. I don't see how teaching from a wheelchair is going to work for me at all -- even if it's just part-time. Maybe there's ways, but I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed by the prospect at the moment.

I don't need anything overwhelming any more. I'm too mentally pooped at the prospect.

No comments: