Sunday, December 18, 2005

In a fit of insanity, we went to the mall this evening. I needed to get some xmas shopping done.

It wasn't as crowded and evil as one might think, but it wasn't easy either. I had a lot of stuff to get done and ended up pushing the wheel chair with bags of crap in it occasionally because there were times when there was no way of wheeling the wheelchair and carrying bags. Funny thing that.

I ended up on my feet too much. Two vicodan later, it's still pretty bad. My knee is really swollen and sore. My belly's hurting and generally I feel like crud.

I found Genny a lot of really cute and inexpensive clothes. I found Russell the gamecube game of his dreams. I found some puzzle books I think both Mike and Russell will enjoy. Genny had designs on some obnoxious princess books with buttons you push, but I was tired and cranky enough to where I suggested that we'd let Santa know and see what happened. I've already gotten her a stack of books -- enough's enough. I bought candy for stocking stuffers and I got one of three rolls of film developed. I have no idea what happened to the other two, though I think I might have left them in the car. Tomorrow, I hunt.

I picked up a few things for this single mom I know with 3 kids. We're going to sneak a bunch of stuff to her house. I got mom a little gift basket from Bath and Body and each girl got a pair of leggings and fancy socks. I have to hit a cheap store for shirts to match and I think LaDawn and I were discussing coats. I need to call her tomorrow and find out what's up.

On a totally unrelated note, I swear when vicodan hits -- it's like slipping into a favorite pair of socks -- warm, wooly, soft. It's hard to be in this much pain all the time. And when vicodan stops it for a while, it's a sweet reprieve.

I think I can sleep now.

No comments: