Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Well, half the room's floor is clean and clear. The freaking closet pole bracket broke last night, so the closet dowel full of my clothes hit the floor. And there it sits.

I asked Mike to make necessary repairs and he looked at me with that spouse in the headlights look, which usually precedes running him over with a large moving vehicle. I have to get the ladder tomorrow and see if I can raise the shelf a foot myself and if so, then I'm going to start fixing it myself and cussing him out simultaneously.

Should be fun.

Otherwise, not much happened other than I discovered just how much I overspent in Vegas. No, I don't want to talk about it. I am contacting temp agencies all over the place for jobs. I found a temp to perm admin. assistant job part-time that pays $15 per hour. Gone are the days I wouldn't cross the street for less than $100. Now, I'm willing to drive across the county for $15.

I'm a whore through and through. Of course, due to my advanced girth, I'm going to have to make a run to the JCPenney outlet store and see if I can find the makings of a suit that will actually fit because I'm chunkier than I used to was thanks to the thyroid problems this year.

Yeah, it's coming off, but dude, it's taking a while and Vegas put on 5 pounds. Yeesh! Tonight, I just did housework, though and my sugars are 95 as I head to bed -- good for me!

These days I'm on a cocktail of actos and metidate. I tried skipping the metidate one night and I woke up rather sugar logey with a 130. I used to get by on the actos. Apparently, with my extra weight, that's not happening any more. Dammit.

Thank God for my life now, despite diabetes and some of the hereditary ravages of age, I've got a good life.

No comments: