Thursday, October 14, 2004

I interviewed with a temp place today, but they wanted to talk to the client I worked for NOT the employment agency and I felt kind of weird and uncomfortable about it. I called and warned the woman and I called and warned the employment agency, but it seemed weird. I also am going to have to make myself a "fat" suit until I get my weight off more. I have that gorgeous Macy's suit, but am too fat to wear it. I found some nice patterns online today and I think I'm going to just buy my fixings and make myself a suit. I have some nice lightweight wools at home, but either I don't have enough yardage in any one or it's just the way wrong plaid. I can't bring myself to do the mauve houndstooth, the orange, or the blue striped. I just want a plain navy blue suit. Period.

On the kid front, Russell was trying to lobby to go to his best friend's house tomorrow and I told him he wasn't going any where because he's grounded until that damned room is clean. It was odd how all of the sudden two big bags of trash came out of his room, however, they were initially covered with the sleeping bag. He wanted me to check his room and I asked him if the drawers were closed to his dresser and the clothes on top of it were hung up. He told me no, so I told him that I didn't have anything to check.

He's got a half day tomorrow, so he'll be working on that dutifully tomorrow afternoon in anticipation of getting to go to Charles' house when he's done.

Mike also found nothing but junk food wrappers in his clothes while changing loads and said something about "No wonder he's been sick all the freaking time -- he's eating a lot of crap." I agreed. I got up this morning and made everyone eat a good breakfast, cheesy eggs, slice apples, ww toast with homemade jam. I figure eggs aren't the best thing, but it's solid and it'll get them through until lunch time.

I'm thinking about making fake cheese blintzes tomorrow -- you can use lowfat ricotta or cottage cheese with a little cream cheese (low fat) and you mix in splenda, cinnamon, apples, and put it in a tortilla and pan brown it on a bit of oil on a teflon pan. Usually, we drizzle a little maple syrup/honey on it for the kids or use jam to add sweetness.

It's hard getting up early, but I'm hoping it will pay off. I miss my garden. Jack Frost ate my garden.

And to top it all off, I am by far the meanest mommy in town.

No comments: