Tuesday, June 03, 2003

I painted the bathroom over the weekend. I'd started it last week with kind of a light olive green thinking it would be okay, but it was too dark and icky. So I sponged light blue over it from the Oops! paint from Home Depot and now it looks amazing. We also bought a two bulb light instead of retaining the 8 bulb vanity energy wasting bar of death and now I have the most amazing looking bathroom. Mike's started taping the kitchen, which means that I should paint it. I realize that sounds insane, but think Field of Dreams,"If you build it they will come" but more like "If you tape it, she will paint" and you've got it.

I have a fortune in garden plants sitting in the driveway. I started planting my garden by laying out the marigolds and the fucking wild bunnies have been eating them. I'm going to get me a big ass bunny trap and catch me some bunnies and then drop them off in nearby state park land, where I hope they get eaten by coyotes. Bastards. I never thought bunnies would touch marigolds...I mean, nothing will. I even buried them in blood meal and I saw the buck-toothed varmit eating them yesterday. To be fair, he looked very skinny, but I think I'm going to trap him and release him on state park land a mile or two away. I just hope bunnies aren't like cats and that this little SOB doesn't find his way home.

The housewarming party is this weekend. I think I finally have a handle on Genny's room. The problem is that there is this big box of crap in her room that she would mostly never miss if it were to say...um...mysteriously disappear into the big garbage can in the sky. Stuff like Happy Meal toys, baby plastic beads, etc. In fact, most of it would be better to be given to goodwill than returned to her room, so I'm going to work something out with Mike, so that this box of crap just disappears back into the garage or something. We'll sort through it when she's in bed and retain the good stuff and put the rest in a box for goodwill.

Russell's room needs shelves. Well, Russell just needs something. We increased his meds a little, but he's been truly awful lately -- forgetful, can't follow directions, needing things repeated 20 times, etc. I do not want to call the doctor and say that he needs a meds increase, but lord, he needs something because he's just not himself. The truly telltale sign is that his room isn't just messy, it's completely and totally thrashed. I told him he couldn't play gameboy or watch TV until his room was clean. Ugh.

I'm still tired...way tired, but Mike's been really supportive (and horny) about letting me sleep (after sex). He's done dishes (after being nagged to death) and has been really super (grumpy and curmudgeonly) about going to Home Depot to get materials and make repairs.

No comments: