Friday, February 06, 2009

This morning was less painful and I could tell that I'd turned the infection corner, but I'm still really congested and that's sliming up my lungs. I get wheezy at night and the doc and I discussed how I might end up on steroids and insulin by the end of the weekend.

I sigh in the general direction of the needle box. Dear Needle Box, I'd flip you a bird, but I'm only up to lifting this single feather...

As I was answering the phones at work, customers were commenting on how much like crap I sounded like and were wishing me a speedy recovery and the like. It was really quite sweet.

I want to go do fun stuff with the kids, but I need to curl up in bed and hug the pillow and kitty cat. I did purchase some sledding stuff, so maybe we'll hit that up in the mountains from here, hopefully, on Sunday, after I've had a day to lay around like a slug.

In other news, Mike and I had a chat today.

I basically said he needs to get a wolf job (to keep the lupine critters from the door) and bone up on his programming. He blew yet another interview and with his experience, he shouldn't be doing that. We looked around for advanced computer programming coursework, but it was all in these weird seminar type things, so we both felt it was better for him to pick it up out of a book everyone was talking about in his research and start writing his own code to do stuff. He started researching the stuff he didn't know and that's a good start, I think.

He has had 3 months to get employed with his dream job or something resembling it, but is up the creek with a tight economy. I told him to get a bill payer. He agreed.

It blows, but it's a start.

No comments: