Saturday, February 28, 2009

I have so little time I can call my own any more.

I get a couple hours each weeknight before I have to hit the hay and everyone seems to urgently and frenziedly need me at that time. Russell even cuddles now, which if you know Russell, is soooo unusual.

The cat is um...fucking ridiculous? She doesn't leave me alone at night. Last night, I was trying to cuddle with Mike and we finally just tossed her out of the room because she wouldn't let up.

I've felt sad several times when Genny's come home and her hair's a mess from Mike's poor hairdressing skills. Thursday night, I brushed her hair out and put it in curlers, just so when she woke up, she'd have pretty hair that her dad couldn't mess up. It still looked cute when she came home, so I'm going to try that again.

Yesterday, I went to Michael's (the craft store) and they had a bargain bin of beads and charms, so I spent too much. So far, I've made a set of copper chile earrings, a set of stars and moons copper earrings, a set of coffee pot earrings, repaired two old earrings, and made a single pair of brass lace heart earrings.

I've got a favorite set of earrings and a necklace which need repairs, so I am looking them over to figure out how to proceed without damaging them in the repair process. It's an interesting assortment of handpainted animals interspersed with painted wooden and glass beads of varying sizes. The necklace is kind of a sunburst pattern and I have a single earring with three different animals hanging off of it. Two of the animals look similar, so I am considering taking those two strands and making a pair of earrings out of them and then placing the third strand aside in the bead bin for later repairs. I only have a single wooden anchor bead, so I may change the anchor bead to something else similar, in keeping with the feel of the set.

Otherwise, I am anticipating a week of stormy weather to drive to and from work in. Mike leaves for an interview on Wednesday for a job that is decidedly second choice -- like a job that he would enjoy, but that would not entail allowing us to keep our home, but that we could survive on. I may or may not be able to change locations and work for my company near him. If I can't keep my job, then he will probably bargain for them to pay him on the lower end of the range and to pay his cobra from his old job, as they are offering no benefits. With Obama's changes to COBRA, it would only be $500/month, so they may be willing. I am not discussing a thing with my company until they offer him a job, though.

He had another interview which seemed to go very well and it would pay at least 2x more, but would involved a move out of state to a very pricey area. We haven't heard about a second interview, so we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

April said...

I find that I need to have some down time when it's that stressful at home. I'm glad you went to Michaels! I love that store too but it's too far away for me to justify it.