Saturday, September 06, 2008

The well and pump are on their last legs, so I didn't have time til last night to work on canning. I also wanted to try the salsa in order to make adjustments to the recipe.

Drumroll please!!!!!!!

I finally had some salsa. I had added extra spices, but I think it was too much, so I'm going to use the original recipes amounts. I do like the lime juice though, so keeping that. I also hand chopped, which I actually am changing out because this recipes has so little liquid, the larger chop isn't as workable for salsa. I'm going to add a small portion of hand chopped stuff and the rest is going to be food processed.

Just know that I worship at the altar of Cuisinart.

Last night, I husked almost all of the tomatillos and Mike and I finished up the dishes, so I can make more dishes.

Today, I will be canning. My evil plan is to send Genny out to pick more apples, so I can have enough for jam. I'm cooking up the plums shortly for pitting, so my stovetop will be a busy place.

I guess I should go clean it, so I can mess it up again. *sigh*

I have washed the cuisinart and am ready to chop. I have to rinse the tomatillos one more time and then I'm off to the races. I'm putting on sneakers, so I can tolerate the standing over the stove and I'm wearing an apron and expecting Mike to assgrabbing while I cook, especially if I wear a dress. I'll be wearing a dress, you betcha!

I've been running around so much that I've been getting exercise and this morning between the arthritis and the muscle aches I felt like I was part of the mattress. I had to scritch Mike's head for him to wake him up, too.

For the well, all I know is it's going to cost a lot of money no matter what we end up doing. In the interim, we can hook up a hose to the neighbors until the snow/rain comes, but if we have a long fall, that may really suck. We've looked into cisterns, but the fact that we are in a desert is a negative factor for cistern use. I do think that we could do some rain barrel collection for using the pool and watering the garden. We also discussed making a cement collection tank slightly above the house, so we could use gravity to get water out of this.

I've got a job interview on Monday with a Title I school to be a compuuter aide. It looks like I might be working with teachers on curriculum that utilizes computer and that I may be teaching kids how to use computers, so it'd be a good fit. It'd be part-time and $1500 a month, so overall, I think that'd work for me. It's a year round school, so it's also possible that I could take Genny with me. Title I schools end up with the best teachers, so it might end up working out well.

God's will, not mine. That's all there is to say.

No comments: