Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Russell is sick as a dog. He's plain disgusting, too...just a one child snot machine. If you need boogers, the boy has 'em. Just drop me a line and I'll fed ex you your very own set.

He's coughing, sneezing, snoozing. I grounded him off his computer, so he'd go in and out of sleep all day on the couch and I can feel the bug in my system trying to make me sick, too, which stinks. I'm bummed because I've had to blow off 2 days of work so far and it's not getting better. Tomorrow morning, I call the pediatrician and ask about drugs for the boy. I know they like to wait, but with the severity of his asthma, I doubt that's a good idea. When I got back from errands, he looked paler, sicker and crappier than earlier. When they're sick, even as teenagers, they seem so small. I made him a big pot of turkey rice soup. He's been loving that stuff.

In other news, the well guys came out and stabilized the well/pump set up. They made it so the pump is working far less and we even had bit of rain sprinkles today. It was weird. It's been so dry here..not even thunderstorms, so it was weird to smell rain, even if only a sprinkle.

I'm really tired lately probably from my malfunctioning liver. I've been watching my food carefully to reduce fat intake. Today, I had my soup for breakfast and some raisin bread, lunch was a chicken burrito and dinner was more soup and crackers. I'm watching fat content on things and trying very hard to take it easy on my poor liver.

Off the wall things that families do:
Tonight's question is: Is it possible to strangle a fish? If you use merriam-webster's first definition, it requires a throat, but the second definition just says to essentially interfere in the breathing of, thus, yes, you can strangle a fish. I know exactly what to do to the next sad bastard betta we buy when the kids don't take care of it....

No comments: