Tuesday, September 09, 2008

I had a job interview yesterday for a computer assistant position at a school. It's part-time and it includes an hour of playground patrol.

The principal said that it'll vary between me just setting up the class for another teacher to use the room for furthering their curriculum to coming up with curriculum for the kids. That I'll also help out with fixing stuff when it breaks, etc. It sounds like a good match for me.

I told them that I wanted a position that would keep me in schools with kids until I can get back to school and would let me share schedules with them. I told them that my son takes a lot of my time and energy and there was no way I could finish school as long as he was in the house.

The well continues to be...touchy. The adjustment in pressure has certainly made a difference. We can put a different pump in, in anticipation of the well changes for $2500. That will still mean we need to come up with $16,000 to deepen the well. Mike still hasn't dug it out to find out if it has a liner. That liner will be the difference between deepening it and a new pump -- about $10,000 and sealing off the old well and digging a new well -- $16,000.

We watered the garden with the pool water this weekend and the weather is cooling down into the 80s, so that should get us through for a while. The end bed seems to be the one that needs the most mulch and water. I would like to apply more mulch this evening.

I haven't gotten to the jam yet, but that's today's goal. I stewed the plums and put them in the fridge, so I've got to pit them next. I purchases some jelly jars, so I have smaller jars to put things into. It seems silly to put jam into quart jars, otherwise. I also need to get through the tomatoes. I'm putting together some tomato-based salsa, and then just putting tomatoes into jars with a bit of oregano, so that it can cover my two favorite cuisines -- Mexican and Italian.

I've finally broke down and am taking iron pills. I am also looking into the ablation. This stuff of sleeping 10 hours a day and still being worn to a nub isn't cool at all. I'd like my life back.

No comments: