Monday, July 07, 2008

Well, I begrudged him a day. I couldn't help how residually angry felt and I told him it didn't make sense, but it was how I felt. He was sad I was still angry, but yesterday, we started just playing with each other again and it was sweet.

Last night, we were watching tv and the kids were still up, but during commercials, he'd come over the the couch, make out with me and then go sit down. I felt like his new girlfriend again. It was kinda cool. Make up sex rocks.

We got the pool cleaned and have been out there floating about most evenings. Today is supposed to approach if not hit 100 degrees, so I used a pry bar and got Russell off his chair and the kids and I floated around for half an hour. The temperature of the water is um...bracing. It's been around 75-78 which is kind of nippy. Today it's almost 80, so yeah, summer's here.

I also had Mike check over the swamp cooler. It hadn't been working well and I went out and looked and some of the pads were half dry, which shouldn't be. He ran an algae cleaner through and cleaned out some of the spots and it's a heck of a lot cooler now.

We sealed the house up early this morning and put a towel over the cooler vent, which leads to the hot, uninsulated garage. That one little towel makes a LOT of difference. We often don't run the cooler but for an hour or two in the evening because the house is so well insulated that the cold air from night (it got into the 60s here at 5,000 feet once shut in, keeps us pretty comfortable all day.

I think there may be a way to increase the water flow to the cooler, but Mike said we could at the least run it on low cool, which should do the trick.

Lord, I hope so. I'm worried because this will be a week of hundreds. And with little money, we've got few places to hide from it. I have to say that pool was a great investment. :)

No comments: