Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sometimes being a grownup with ADHD is harder than hell.

Sometimes being a grownup with ADHD and two kids with ADHD is just hell.

We paid $13 for Genny to get her hair cut and she came home last night and cut a chunk of hair out of the side of her head to her scalp.

I feel so frustrated when I deal with her, on visceral level. I want to kill her and then I think it's my fault, so I want to bounce my head off a cement wall until I'm dead. I just can't get through to this child.

We give her choices and options and punishments and nothing ever fucking works. We consistently tell her the same things over and over and over and over. Nothing gets through. I'm scared she's going to be pregnant at 13 or something.

I made her pay for her 2nd haircut. I grounded her. I spanked her. Probably overkill. I'm so frustrated.

I'm crying, praying and crying some more.

No comments: