Friday, July 04, 2008

I lost it on Mike last night, but he's been working a lot of overtime. I don't mind overtime in and of itself, but he often chooses to stay up very late and then leaves a little late and then feels obligated to stay there late, so we don't see each other. Then he comes home and growls at everyone. The kids all hide in their rooms. He wants to get laid, but frankly, right now, I wouldn't fuck him if he were the last man on earth.

Wednesday night, I was trying to get him a sandwich set up for work because by the time he gets home he's ravening and a raving asshole and I wanted to avoid that. He took a fridge to work, so there's no reason for him not to take a sandwich or the fixings for it, but he didn't. Then he started snarling at me and then he cussed at me and I was about ready to fry his nads and give 'em to the dog. I set up all the stuff in the fridge for him, told him where to find it and left him a small pile of stuff on the table.

I miss my husband. See the guy I married was really sweet and kind. The guy I'm married to now has been a real crabcake lately and it really sucks. I was looking forward to the three day weekend with him. He calls me a half hour late from work to say he wants to either stay or go geohashing tomorrow and then work and then maybe try to find fireworks?

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Well, we're broke, so there's not a really good way to work out dinner for the kids and while there are some video games at his work, it basically means, me sitting there getting yelled at by him while he works on whatever and weirdly enough, yeah...so not interested.

And isn't a three day weekend supposed to be about spending time with your family, doing stuff that everyone would enjoy? And there's something about me spending 2 months home alone doing nothing...nothing I want to do, would like to do, nothing -- no trip to pick blackberries, no trip to the lake, no trip to the cool pool in Minden, nothing. I did so well with shopping that I've not used any of my gas at all.

But I had to spend my gas on his stupid geohashing trip. And no it wasn't far, but it was on the 4th of July. It was my gas and it was NOT something I wanted to do. I would have liked a picnic by the lake, a clean pool at home, just about anything else.

I told him that his frat party with his brother is over. He's a husband and a father and he needs to start thinking about someone other than himself. I also said I was more than happy to make sure he was single again, if he missed being single.

He claims he doesn't.

We'll see.

No comments: